I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for ways to make things I do effective and time saving. Skincare should be no exception. When I buy skincare, especially when it’s an investment I want it to work and work quickly. Here are some things you can do in order to ensure your skincare is as effective as it can be!
- Exfoliation before hydration. It doesn’t make sense to slather on our Daily Hydration Moisturizer or Restore and Hydrate Overnight Cream when you have dry skin ready to flake away. Take a few moments to exfoliate so the products can penetrate more easily and in turn, deliver faster results. For gentle exfoliation, the Gommage Crème works great. No Gommage Crème? A gentle cleanser plus a washcloth will do the trick.
- Apply products to damp skin. The goal of moisturizing is to lock in hydration. If your skin is damp, it makes the moisturizer’s job that much easier, which means you can use less product to achieve the same result.
- Keep it simple! The more products in your routine, the less likely you will commit to the routine long-term. Consistency is important when it comes to achieving results. So, find what works for you and stick with it. A simple routine saves you time, money and stress! Cleanse in the evening to remove makeup and impurities (look for a non-foaming, gentle cleanser) followed by treatment and moisturizer. In the morning apply a moisturizer and an SPF. Because we don’t currently offer an SPF, we suggest finding an SPF you love and layering it overtop your moisturizer.
- Make your products do double duty. The` Restorative Skin Balm smooths unruly brows and hydrates lips. I mix the serum, day cream and my foundation in my hand to create a sheer tinted moisturizer without having to purchase something new (because who is going to the store these days.)
- Give products a head start. As I mentioned above, the drier, more damaged the skin, the longer it may take to see results. That goes for feet and hands too! Give rough callouses and heels a quick soak and once over with a pumice stone. Use a gentle scrub on your hands (heck some sugar and olive oil work in a pinch!) Then apply the balm to damp skin. It will stretch your product and you will be rocking smoother feet that much sooner!
- Lastly, give it time. We want our products to work, YOU want our products to work. Give them at least a month to see what you think. We offer a 60-day return window just for that reason. Results are rarely instant, and we don’t want you to feel rushed to make the call on whether BREVENA is the right fit for you.