Caring for Dry, Aging Skin
Caring for your skin as you get older is challenging. New issues such as dryness, loss of elasticity, and dark spots have suddenly appeared. In addition, it seems like every brand is selling the secret to turning back the clock. Here are some ways to care for your skin from the American Academy of Dermatologists (the real skin experts).
- Start with one product:Using several anti-aging products at the same time can irritate your skin. When you irritate your skin, signs of aging become more noticeable.
- Test the product before applying it to your face or hands: Even hypoallergenic products can cause a skin reaction. To test a product, apply a small amount to your inner forearm. Repeat this twice a day for 4 to 5 days. If your skin looks normal, free of redness, itch, and other reactions, you can apply it to your face and other skin.
- Give the product time to work: A moisturizer can plump up fine lines in a few days, but most products take at least 6 weeks to work. Sometimes it can take up to 3 months. Be patient and give the product time to work.
- Continue using, if you want to continue seeing results:People often stop using a product once they see results.
- Protect your skin from the sun: Sun protection helps to reduce signs of premature aging on your skin. It also allows your skin to repair and renew itself and reduces your risk for getting skin cancer.
- Use moisturizer: Moisturizer traps water in your skin. This extra moisture can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and brighten your complexion.
- Forget about tanning: Tanning speeds up signs of aging on your skin. Tanning can lead to premature wrinkles, age spots, and other unwanted signs of aging.
- Buy a product formulated for your skin type: Your sunscreen, moisturizer, and other anti-aging skin care products will work best if they are formulated for your skin type. For dry skin, a thicker creamy moisturizer would work best. For sensitive skin, keep the formula simple to avoid added irritants like fragrance.
- Have realistic expectations: Exaggerated promises, such as look 10 years younger overnight or quickly reduces all signs of aging, are too good to be true. It’s important to remember that anti-aging skin care products deliver modest results. You cannot get the results of a facelift from a cream.
MACRO B COMPLEX® This ground-breaking technology begins with oat beta glucan, a powerful botanical element found in the cell wall of an oat. Through BREVENA’s proprietary purification process, oat beta glucan is transformed into the healing powerhouse known as, Macro B Complex®. Trusted by doctors and plastic surgeons for over 20 years to successfully treat traumatized skin in burn centers nationwide, the unique, cellular friendly properties of Macro B Complex have proven to accelerate the healing process of the most damaged skin making it the ideal ingredient to calm sensitive skin, replenish severely dry skin, and soothe irritation while protecting skin from future damage and environmental age accelerators.
Best Products for Dry, Aging Skin
[image-comparator left=”https://brevena.com/wp-content/uploads/Day-1-01-01.jpg” right=”https://brevena.com/wp-content/uploads/Day-30-01-01.jpg” width=”100%” classes=”hover”][/image-comparator]
30 Days Using the Perfect Pair Clinical Study* Showed Improved In:
- 100% skin texture/roughness
- 100% skin firmness/elasticity
- 100% moisturization of the skin
- 90% skin luminosity
- 97% crow’s feet wrinkle texture
* 31 subject study performed by an independent clinical testing facility. Information on file.
My skin has never felt as good as it does now with BREVENA.