Taking Your Skin Care from Summer to Fall
Fall is a time for transitions, kids are back in school, you might be swapping out your summer wardrobe, and your skin care should be no exception. Swap out your sandals for your favorite tried and true booties, switch your hair to a richer hue, and revamp your skin care regime to focus on maintaining healthy and smooth skin with our Fall skin care transition. Here are some tips to keep your skin in tip top shape as the seasons change.
- Cool it! Keep your shower warm, not hot. The scalding temps you might love, strip your skin, leaving it dry and damaged. While your skin is rewarded, your wallet will be as well with lower energy bills!
- Your skin care is working overtime if it’s fighting through layers of older, dry skin cells. Take a moment to gently exfoliate. Our Gommage Crème gently but sloughs away dryness and impurities, so your moisturizer can work its best. No Gommage? Try a baby washcloth. They gently exfoliate without irritating your skin.
- Trade formulas. While lightweight gels and lotions might be your pick in warmer months, as cooler weather arrives, your skin will crave deeper hydration with more emollients. Look for rich moisturizers that offer hydrating ingredients like jojoba oil, cocoa butter, and petroleum to lock in moisture and leave your skin smooth and hydrated. Our Restore & Hydrate Overnight Cream is a fan favorite and is also fragrance free!
- Be gentle. When you wash your face, use a gentle cream cleanser. Look for a non-foaming formula if your skin is dry and a fragrance-free formula if your skin is sensitive. Rinse completely and follow with a moisturizer.
- Don’t neglect the rest! Your lips, hands, and feet might need some additional hydration as well. Load them up with a rich balm before bed and wake up with noticeable improvement! Our Restorative Skin Balm is perfect for all those dry, flaky, damaged, and irritated spots.
- Treat yourself to a spa treatment. Nothing helps reset my skin like a professional facial. The steaming, massage, and treatments leave me glowing and relaxed. Too expensive? Check out Groupon or a local cosmetology school to get some pampering on the cheap.
By utilizing these tips your skin can easily transition between seasons, ensuring you never go a day without looking and feeling your best!