How to Recover Post New Years
You breeze through the months of November and December with Christmas cookies and cocktails to sustain you. Suddenly January 1st appears and you realize another year has passed, and your skin isn’t doing you any favors. Get back on track and look and feel your best again.
- Reboot your body. High fat, sugar, and salt based menus leave you sluggish and bloated. Get back on track by incorporating more fruits and veggies into your day. An easy fix is starting with a morning smoothie. Blending up greens, frozen fruit, almond milk, and flax will give you energy and help you squeeze in a few servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Up the water intake and add some citrus. The Vitamin C helps detox your body and adds a hint of flavor. Squeeze half a lemon, lime, orange, or grapefruit in a quart of water and try to drink 4 of these a day. You will feel energized and refreshed after just a few days!
- Depuff your eyes. Late nights can leave you with red puffy eyes. The trick to help soothe these may be right in your cupboard. Steep two green tea bags and pop them in the freezer. Once they are frozen, lay down and apply them to your closed eyes. The cool temperature and caffeine work together to refresh your eyes. Follow with some moisturizing eye drops and you will look and feel bright eyed and bushy tailed.
- Give your skin some TLC. Take a few minutes to pamper your skin. Use a gentle scrub and a treatment mask to brighten your skin and exfoliate any dull dry layers. Once your skin is fresh and clean, use a rich night cream before bed to plump up fine lines and nourish the glowing skin you just revealed. You can wake up to noticeably softer and smoother skin with BREVENA’s Restore & Hydrate Overnight Cream.
- Catch some zzzz. Lack of sleep can impact not only how you feel, but how you look. Try and catch up by getting 8 hours of sleep at night, and a nap in on the weekends. Consistency is important as well. Try and fall asleep and awake right around the same time daily to stay on a routine.
- Fitness! Get outside for a brisk walk or a cross country ski. The cool temps will leave you glowing and the exercise will help energize you on dark winter days. Don’t want to go outside? A yoga DVD is quick, relaxing and helps you stretch and tone your muscles and rest your mind.